Celebrating over 20 years of fun memories, Camp Sonshine Germantown is a place where children can believe in themselves and in God, belong to a loving community, and become who they were created to be.
The field-trip-based programs give Germantown campers age-appropriate, outrageously fun activities ranging from our trademark assemblies to our uniquely creative theme days and our safe and refreshing pool trips and our brand new Electivities.
Hundreds of campers return each year after year to join Camp Sonshine Germantown's safe, fun, and welcoming Christian environment. Counselors take the time to share basic Christian values at key moments in the camp day through their model behavior and individual attention.
Our Germantown location is hosted by Neelsville Presbyterian Church.
All campers are grouped by grade just completed.
- Discovery: 4 years to Kindergarten
- Explorer: 1st and 2nd grade
- Adventure: 3rd to 5th grade
- High Adventure: 6th and 7th grade
- Teen Adventure: 8th and 9th grade
- Counselor In Training: 9th grade or above
The Discovery/Explorer program nurtures your child in a safe environment while creating new and exciting adventures that encourage your child's development. Our loving staff invest the time and attention your child needs to develop their character. This program's on-the-go schedule leaves your child happily exhausted and ready for more!
- Field Trips: Cunningham Falls, Bounce U, Great Kids Village, and so much more!
- Activities: Moon Bounce, Slip-n-slide, Crafts, Story Time, and that’s not all!
- Electivities: Art and Beyond, Welcome to the Kitchen, Jump-in Jump-out, and more!
Four times throughout the summer campers have the option of extending their camp day at our Latestay. During this time, your child is able to experience:
- Extended interaction with their counselor and friends.
- The independence of going off grounds to continue their adventures.
- Enjoying a BBQ dinner and roasting gooey marshmallows.
Children must be at least 4 years old and potty-trained by the start of the first week that they attend. Campers are grouped by grade, and in 1st and 2nd grade, campers are also grouped by gender.
There is never a dull moment once Adventure camp begins its day! Our jam-packed program has your child running, dancing, laughing, and most importantly, growing! The energized counselors and fun-blasted activities combine to strengthen confidence and develop skills in every camper. Independence is built when campers get to navigate their own journey with our imaginative Electivities.
- Field Trips: Port Discovery, Bowling, Roller skating, just to name a few!
- Activities: Go-Karts, Archery, Drama, Climbing Wall, and it doesn’t end there!
- Electivities: Fashion Passion, son-writing, and so much more!
Campers have the option four times throughout the summer to camp out under the stars on the Overnighter. Your child comes home the next morning having experienced:
- Team-building activities, like setting up their group’s tent and a massive game of capture the flag.
- Expressing themselves through sharing hilarious and meaningful stories around the sizzling campfire with s’mores in hand.
- The feel of the great outdoors while enjoying a BBQ dinner at their campsite.
Campers are grouped by grade and gender.
Our pre-teen and teen programs pair thrilling activities with the substance and growth your teen needs to have the best possible summer experience! Our experienced and trained staff build fulfilling, supportive relationships that give your child encouragement and love through the tough challenges they face.
We know teenagers need good role models to follow, and that is why we hire counselors who are committed to Christian values and are trained to relate to teens and help them with the issues they face. We strive to create an environment where teens feel emotionally and physically safe and where they can be themselves while hanging out with friends.
Campers are grouped by grade and gender.
- Out-of-this-world field trips may include: Beaver Dam, Laser Tag, Splashdown Water Park, and many more!
- Participating in Electivities (camper's choice)
- Rockin’ Overnighters may include all day trips to: Six Flags, Adventure Park, All Star Sports Complex, and more!
- Mind-blowing field trips may include: Players Amusement Center, Tubing, and so many more.
- If you sign up for a Teen Adventure Overnighter Week, be prepared for plenty of stories and incredible memories! Our overnighters are totally awesome. Teens are “spoiled” with air conditioned buses, supervised hotel accommodations, and most importantly, trips to:
Week 1: Dorney Park, PA
Week 2: Ocean City, NJ
Week 4: Kings Dominion, VA
Week 5: Hershey Park, PA
Week 6: Ocean City, NJ
Week 7: Busch Gardens, VA
Please be sure both you and your child sign and return the conduct agreement in the application. We require a signed conduct agreement for each child currently in 6th grade or above. You can also download the conduct agreement from the Schedules & Forms page.
We are excited to introduce our new and enhanced CIT program for the summer of 2012! With the same responsibilities and leadership experiences as our past CIT program, your teen will now have the opportunity for a more one-on-one mentorship based program. The CIT program equips teens with leadership skills they can use throughout their lives. Teens will learn important skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Community Service
- and so much more!
CITs learn these vital life skills in a safe environment through fun and challenging group leadership sessions and hands-on experience. These teens work with kids alongside trained counselors and help maintain group control, create a safe environment, and assist in activities while putting their leadership skills into practice.
The CIT Program offers (included in tuition):
- AM and PM extended care (still responsible for helping with campers during this time)
- Breakout sessions/ team building activities
- One-on-one Adult Mentoring
- Student Service Learning Hours
Each CIT will be required to:
- Run activities and games
- Help manage groups Pre-K through 5th grade
- Maintain a positive attitude while meeting high expectations and standards
- Be on time in the morning for daily meetings
Please note: to ensure teens get the full experience and benefit from the CIT program, we require all campers to register for a minimum of 2 consecutive weeks (combination of weeks 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8).
In order to be placed in the CIT program, please register for camp. Once we process your camper registration, you will receive additional paperwork which must be filled out by the CIT. For more information, please contact our Germantown office at (301) 989-2267 ext. 1291 or ext. 1272.